Spring is here! As I write this post, the first daffodil bloomed in my garden….
Dorlene’s Mixed Media Art Pages
- Mask flower using masking fluid.
- Scribble watercolor markers on a piece of transparency. Mist with water and apply.
- Place hot glue stencil in left corner and spray distress spray.
- Randomly stamp script with gray ink around page.
- Use sponge to apply white ink using the circle stencil on right side; draw fine lines around the white circles.
- Apply silver ink directly from pad to page making line marks in random places.
- Sponge white ink using doily.
- Remove masking fluid and color flowers/leaves; using a water brush & yellow reinker and green ink pad.
- Outline with shadow marker.
- Dip stipple brush in watered down black ink and splatter around page.
Wild Washi, Going Grey, Whisper White Ink Pads (SU!)
Ultimate Metallic in Silver (Encore)
Daffodil Delight and Basic Black Re-Inkers (SU!)
Bright Blue, Pink and Yellow Watercolor Markers (Tombow)
Sahara Sand Marker (SU!)
Cracked Pistachio Distress Spray (Tim Holtz)
Black Fine Point Pen (Paper-Mate)
Hot Glue Stencil and Punched Circles Stencil (homemade)
Doily (Martha Stewart)
Script Stamp (Rubber Paws)
Transparency, Stipple Brush and Sponge
And now… For Chris’ COPICS Tips!
“When I set out to color this image, I spent quite a bit of time picking out yellows. I wanted something bright but not neon. My favorite yellow combination is Y11, Y13, Y15, Y17. To help soften these bright yellows I also included Y00. For the greens, I selected YG61, YG63, YG67 and G99 to give the stems and leaves and olive look.
I kept the colors simple this month, but I really focused on shading. I really wanted to bring the flower to life. Once the image was dry, I did go add some additional shadows with the G99. I love the texture it added to the leaves. “
Yellow: Y00, Y11, Y13, Y15, Y17
Green: YG61, YG63, YG67, G99
I want to thank these talented ladies from our design team for continuing to create wonderful artwork with our images. We love them!