October Flower: Cosmos
Our design team has yet again put together some fun cards and tips using October’s flower, the Cosmos. The flower of the month images are great for birthday or anniversary cards!
This month’s tips on pinks & on coloring the Cosmos
“Cosmos have bigger petals than last month’s Asters. This made them much easier to color. The illustrator put in several detail lines on each petal. I wanted to add some shadows to each of those lines. I think this helps add a little more interest and depth to the flower. To do this, I first colored the flower using RV10, RV11, RV13, RV14. Remember to color one petal at a time so that you can get a smooth blend with your colors. Then I added RV17 to the deepest shadows of the flower. It is important to hold the marker close to the nib in order to get a nice thin line. This takes some practice. don’t give up!!”
Here is a closeup image of the coloring:
If you have any questions about using copics you can reach Chris at email@example.com or visit her blog: www.purplelakestamps.com.
Dorlene brings us another stunning mixed media page for October! We bet you can’t wait to see what we have in store for you using these pages to make some amazing mixed media calendars featuring the flowers of the month. Stay tuned!
- Wild Wasabi (stems and leaves) reinker
- Daffodil Delight (flowers) reinker
- Soft Sky ink pad
- Plum watercolor paint
- White acrylic paint
- white paint spray
- black ink
- white wax crayon
- Rub wax crayon on the background and paint with soft sky ink and a water paint brush
- After it is dry, rub the crayon again and then use the plum watercolor paint over that layer
- Drip reinker onto a craft mat and add some water to thin it out; paint the flowers and stems/leaves with appropriate colors.
- Drip/splatter more plum watercolor paint
- Use white paint & toilet tissue tube to create circles
- Use a toothbrush and black ink to splatter
- Use Black BIC pen to draw “frame” around edges
If you haven’t signed up for our newsletter, followed our blog, or followed us on your favorite social media, please do! We don’t want you to miss anything… we have great things coming up!
As always, our featured flower of the month stamp is on sale at half price for this month only! You can instantly download it after purchase.
European Union customers can purchase this digi stamp at our Etsy store.