Dorlene’s Mixed Media Art Pages
Dorlene started by applying gesso all over the piece, which led her to go with a black/white/gray background. She used an old credit card to apply gray paint throughout. Then she applied black paint with an old sponge and her fingers. Many of the marks are made by swirling the sponge in a circular motion and left over paint from her fingers.
Next, she used a barbed wire stencil to apply some white paint over the black.
Time to work on the flowers. Dorlene applied gelato on an acrylic block and added some water to loosen the color and used a water brush to apply the color to the image. After getting the look she wanted on the petals, she used a white Uni-ball Signo pen for the stamen in the center of each rose. Next came the leaves. These were painted with green watercolor paint, highlighted with a colored pencil, and distressed a bit with some black ink work.
– Music note background stamp by Stamp Oasis and Pink Passion SU! ink on the roses.
– Elements 2 stamp for black circles on upper left side (Yes, folks these are the stamps designed by Dorlene for us
– Script stamp and black archival ink
– The amazing small dots on the left side were made by using the CTMH stamp cleaner brush. This was a happy accident!
– Faber Castell Watermelon and Margarita Mix Gelatos
– CTMH Bubblegum and Olive Watercolor Pencils
– Apple Barrel Granite Gray, Black and White Acrylic Paints
– Uni-ball Black Fine Point Pen and White Signo Pen
– Green Watercolor Paint
– Barbed Wire Stencil
– Lila Grey Elements 2 Stamp Set
– Script and Musical Notes Stamps (Rubber Paws gift)
– SU! Pink Passion Ink Pad
– CTMH Black Archival Ink Pad
– CTMH Stamp Cleaner
Chris’ Copics Tips
From Purple Lake Stamps: