This week’s mixed media journal page by Dorlene is just what one needs to get a start on a wonderful and cheerful day! The colorful composition, bold text, and scrumptious flower topped muffin got us in a great mood & ready for a lovely cup of coffee and pastry. Yum!
- Ink page with various ink pads using a sponge and direct to page techniques. Spritz randomly with watered down white and red paint sprays.
- Use black ink and stencils to add patterns to the page. Use the side of a credit card and black ink to add random black lines to the page.
- Stencil yellow cirles to the top right of the page.
- Hand write the words “Hey Sweetie” using Sharpie markers and Wink of Stella and Gelly roll white pens for shading.
- Stamp the muffin pedestal directly to the page and paper piece the muffin with scrap papers. We just love the pattern on the muffin icing!
Notes: The artist shared a couple of points with us about making this piece. First of all, remember that with many mixed media pieces, sometimes things don’t look right when you get started. The trick is to continue to explore and have fun – Just know when to stop! In this case, Dorlene started with lavender ink directly on the page and was not happy with the initial results. However, after continuing to layer inks, paints, and textures, the square lavender ink pad impressions look awesome.
– Tea Party Set (LG-005) by Lila Grey Stamps
– Stamping Up! inks (Lavender Lace, Yoyo Yellow, Green Galore, Tempting Turquoise, Black re-inker)
– White paint spritz, red paint spritz
– White & yellow acrylic paints
– Wink of Stella glitter white pen, Gelly Roll white pen, Black BIC pen
– Mixed media supplies (bubble wrap, old credit card, used doily, scrap paper for pieced cupcake, brass stencil “alphabet”, circle stencil)
To see the step by step photos & blog write up, see Dorlene’s blog post at the Command Center.
No products found which match your selection.