Girly things make me happy
Dorlene, our resident mixed media artist, has been creating some fantastic art journal pages. This week we are showcasing the first installment of mixed media journaling and we hope you enjoy it as much as we have!
The colors just jump out of the page in this stylish chandelier page made with our “Home Sweet Home” clear stamp set. Click on the image to see the full size version.
1. Ink page with various ink pads using a sponge. Spritz randomply with watered down white and red paint sprays.
2. Stencil checkerboard to top right with texture paste; stamp the medallion from the stamp set all over the page using black archival ink.
3. Draw circles with yellow marker and black BIC pen around the medallions.
4. Cover the whole piece with gesso to soften the look.
5. Dip the end of a toilet tissue tube in black paint and stamp circles randomly on the page; spray mustard seed distress ink on the page; draw border around page using a gold paint pen and a ruler.
6. Stamp and emboss the chandelier (from the stamp set).
7. Add some pink washi tape; finger paint random neon pink circles; Add silver dots and pink marker to the chandelier; apply white paint using bubble wrap.
8. Write “girly” “things” “make” “me” “happy” on white paper and attach it to the page.
Option: add embellishments to the chandelier to make it even “girlier”!
– Home Sweet home Stamp Set by Lila Grey Stamps.
– Stamping Up! inks (Pink Passion, Yoyo Yellow, Green Galore, Tempting Turquoise), black embossing powder
– Mustard seed distress spray (Ranger), BP4 (Pink) Spectrum noir pen
– White paint spritz, red paint spritz, white, black & neon pink acrylic paints
– Homemade texture paste, acrylic gesso, black BIC pen, metallic silver/gold duo pen
– Mixed media supplies (bubble wrap, old credit card, used doily, toilet tissue roll, checkerboard stencil, pink washi tape)
To see the step by step photos & blog write up, see Dorlene’s blog post at the Command Center.